Re: Sarge release for amd64 - Please help to fix the remaining bugs

Hello Kurt,

thank you for the clarifications.

On 05-Apr-25 19:49, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 11:32:25AM +0200, Andreas Jochens wrote:
> > gnustep-base     -      +  does not build with gcc-3.3 (needs gcc >= 3.4)
> It looks like it builds fine with gcc-3.3.  But if my memory is
> any good, it (used to?) miscompile it?

Yes, gcc-3.3 used to miscompile gnustep-base on amd64. The build
of many gnustep-related packages stopped with something like
"autogsdoc ... error" if I remember correctly.

I have to re-check if this is still the case.

> > libgtk-java      -         java.lang.NullPointerException
> There are alot of java package that fail to build and I still
> have to track those down.  Those are ussually not the fault of
> the package itself.  They're also arch all, so you can get them
> from the archive anyway.

kaffe used to work fine for quite some time on amd64, but the latest
versions either stop with "java.lang.NullPointerException" or get into
an endless loop when I try to build a java package. Unfortunately,
libgtk-java is not arch:all. We need to get kaffe fixed somehow :)

> > portslave        -         "pppd.h: No such file or directory"
> ??

This was a problem with an older version of ppp that seems to be fixed.
portslave builds fine now.

> > tela             -         configure: error: "Blas not found!"
> ??

I still have to check this one further.

Regards
Andreas Jochens