Re: ITP: spca5xx -- Device driver for USB webcams based on the spca5xx chips

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Carlos C Soto wrote:

Jeff Carr wrote:
[skipped]
I agree, the better is to put it as a kernel-patch.
Unfortunetly I have zero experience hacking the kernel or modules, just
compiling and using it.

If it just compiles separate modules, there is really no need to include it as a kernel patch. You can build a package containing the module sources and employ module-assistant to build them. For details see

/usr/share/doc/module-assistant/HOWTO-DEVEL.gz

Since it is becoming more and more a kernel topic, you might also want to move discussion to debian-kernel.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org