Re: ITP: spca5xx -- Device driver for USB webcams based on the spca5xx chips

Carlos C Soto wrote:
Great!

I use this module and wold be great to have it on debian.
I was thinking on put a RFP bug for it.

-- Carlos C Soto :: eclipxe

I agree. I just built it again today against 2.6.11-1-686-smp (after using it for several months against 2.6.10-1-686-smp).

I talked to the developer about getting it in the kernel, but he doesn't seem to care. If you want I would be willing to help get some people together to submit it into the main kernel sources.

For now, I think it would be best to get it put together as a patch for the debian-kernel team so it will automagically get built for each new 2.6.x kernel. Otherwise, we would have to package it up for each kernel as a seperate patch.

Have you already made it into such a patch for the debian kernel sources? If not, I'd be happy to help with that also.

The driver works great on the built in z-micro USB camera on my portable.

jcarr