Re: NEW handling: About rejects, and kernels

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 12:50:46AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> What I meant is that if the firmware is truly burned into the chup,
> then I couldn't change it even if I had the source code.  It was wrong
> to say that I don't *want* to modify it, but rather, that I *cannot*
> do so.

That's not true either. Manufacturers provide utilities to reprogram
their embedded FLASH components, particularly motherboard manufacturers
but also for disks, modems etc.

> I argue it because that's the point of *Debian*.

The social contract says something about our users too I think.
Must be in the fine print.

Hamish