Re: NEW handling: About rejects, and kernels

Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> writes:

> * Thomas Bushnell BSG
>
> | Huh?  I'm not saying I pretend it isn't there.  Do I want to modify
> | the source code?  No, because there's nothing I could do with it if I
> | could.
>
> Sure there is, like, reprogramming the image shown when your computer
> boots.

What I meant is that if the firmware is truly burned into the chup,
then I couldn't change it even if I had the source code.  It was wrong
to say that I don't *want* to modify it, but rather, that I *cannot*
do so.

Regardless, the point is what we distribute, not what is on my
computer.

See, I'm not some "purist" who demands that I only touch free
software.  Non-free software is all over my house; painting me as a
purist is incorrect, and so it's crazy to say I'm inconsistent in my
purity.  I'm not a purist.  I do not argue that Debian should be 100%
free software because I'm a purist.

I argue it because that's the point of *Debian*.