Re: NEW handling: About rejects, and kernels

Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> writes:

> The only one who was aware that the outcome would change the release
> manager's position wrt. freedom bugs in sarge seems to have been the
> release manager himself. But that does not change the fact that it was
> common knowledge that the amendment was intended to end the
> uncertainty about the meaning of "100% free software".

Let me say that it was perfectly clear to me that the result of the
changes would be a change in the way ftpmaster and the release
engineer approved things.  What was unexpected to me was that the
release engineer would decide that no delay could be permitted in
implementing the changes.  (That was a reasonable interpretation, but
it was not the one I expected.)

That there would be, in due course, such a change, was entirely
expected and even the whole point.

Thomas