Re: Ubuntu Patches

Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:

> The only distinction here is between merely publishing the patches on our
> website, and pushing the patch to the Debian maintainer immediately.  We
> publish all of our patches relative to Debian on a regular basis, and make
> an honest effort to sort and separate them to the extent that this can be
> automated.

Help me out here so that I understand.

Suppose an Ubuntu developer sees a spelling error in a Debian package,
or perhaps a mistake in widget placement on the screen.  The developer
fixes the bug, and then publishes the patch on your website.  (I'm not
bothered at all by the time lag in the patch getting published, btw.)

At what point does the Ubuntu developer file a bug report against the
Debian package with the patch?

Thomas