Ubuntu Patches

Many Debian developers have been asking for a simple way to see the
current difference between their package and the equivalent in Ubuntu,
if any.

Ubuntu developers have been asking for patches to be updated when a new
Ubuntu upload is made, not just when a new Debian upload is made.

Hand me that rock, I've a couple of birds to kill ...

http://people.ubuntu.com/~scott/patches/

At this URL, you will find the current Debian->Ubuntu patch for all
packages in Ubuntu main and universe; updated daily.  If there is no
directory for your package, there is no current difference; if there was
in the past, you should find the patch under the HISTORY directory.

The patch may not reflect recent uploads to Debian straight away, as it
requires Ubuntu to catch up with Debian for that package first.

The system also attempts to break the patch apart, splitting out
branding and "LSB init" changes.  It doesn't always get it right, in
fact it probably more often gets it wrong, but it can help a little.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant          Ubuntu Down Under -- 25th - 30th April 2005
scott@ubuntu.com                     Vibe Rushcutters, Sydney, Australia