Re: Buildd redundancy (was Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver...)

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 04:37:13PM -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

> >For example both public debian m68k machines are located on the same window
> >sill at the Univ. of Duesseldorf. IMHO not the best place to position
> >important infrastructure.
> I agree.  A sturdy table, or even a shelf or server rack would be
> a much better place ;-)

Indeed... and I believe that some problems of the machines originate from
that and I fear that the temperature differences there might cause breakage
of the hardware... But that's just a personal fear and assumption...

> Just out of curiousity (and speaking as a non-DD that has been trying
> to follow the flood mails over the last few days), why is it that I
> seem to remember numerous offers of infrastructure support to Debian
> in the way of hosting and machines but there still appears to be a
> dearth of resources?

I could explain that to you, but then again I would be accused of ranting...
;-)

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/