Re: Buildd redundancy (was Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver...)

Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 12:20:34AM -0800, Blars Blarson wrote:

If we are going to require redundancy, I think we should do it better
and add:
- at least two buildd administrators

*nod*

- systems located in at least two different facilities (different
 cities and backbones if at all possible)
This allows the buildd administrator to take vacations, etc.
This allows for redundancy in case of fire, flood, earthquake etc.

For example both public debian m68k machines are located on the same window
sill at the Univ. of Duesseldorf. IMHO not the best place to position
important infrastructure.

I agree.  A sturdy table, or even a shelf or server rack would be
a much better place ;-)

Just out of curiousity (and speaking as a non-DD that has been trying
to follow the flood mails over the last few days), why is it that I
seem to remember numerous offers of infrastructure support to Debian
in the way of hosting and machines but there still appears to be a
dearth of resources?

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez