Op di, 15-03-2005 te 14:22 -0500, schreef David Nusinow:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 06:45:48PM +0000, Henning Makholm wrote:
> > Scripsit David Nusinow <david_nusinow@verizon.net>
> > > For *years*, I've heard porters complain about ftpmaster and
> > > such. Well, now every port has the full ability to take matters in
> > > to their own hands.
> >
> > Meaning that they are kicked out and told to start their own project
> > where they can take matters in their own hands. Just what they've
> > always wanted to do, I am sure.
>
> It's not ideal, but the fact remains that the people carrying the load for
> getting the release out aren't capable of dealing with it any more. The current
> situation is *broken*. This is an attempt to fix it.

There are a few ways to handle a situation of "we can't deal with it
anymore".

1) "help!"
2) "there are some problems in supporting all our architectures; these
are them. Suggestions are welcome".
3) "there are some problems in supporting all our architectures; so we
suggest we'll stop doing so".

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks