On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 04:35:24PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>   Ports:                I assume each is its own beastie.

Each one is, but the one consistant thing I've seen across the various ones
I've worked with is that they tend to be decentralized (that is, there
is rarely if ever a 'port leader' except by virtue of being someone that
people defer to, generally due to experience with that port). 'Joining' is
usually as simple as signing up for the mailing lists; if you're a non-DD,
there may be some additional hurdles to surmount (since it isn't often all
that useful to try to get a sponsor, for 'mature' ports; less mature ones
are even more of a free-for-all than the rest).

Triumph tends to go to those who can produce working code, and there is no
immunity to the "endless discussion" pitfalls found elsewhere; just read
the debian-bsd archives for proof of that. :)
--
Joel Aelwyn <fenton@debian.org>                                       ,''`.
                                                                     : :' :