Scripsit Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org>
> This one time, at band camp, Henning Makholm said:

>> The announcement that actually got posted says that the only
>> architectures that will be allowed to have "testing" and eventually
>> "stable" after sarge releases will be i386, ia64, powerpc, and amd64.

>> All other architectures have the "flexibility" to either stick with
>> unstable and only unstable, or leave the project. Boo-yeah.

> No.  The actual line is:

> | We project that applying these rules for etch will reduce the set of
> | candidate architectures from 11 to approximately 4 [...]

> "We project that the architectures that will have enough porter support"
> is not the same as "We refuse to allow any but the following".

The point is still that some architectures are going to be left out in
the dark. That's the purpose of the whole plan.

> It is not a pronouncement, it is proposal,

And how does its being a proposal mean that it can't be criticized?
Indeed it is only because it is a proposal that it makes sense to
criticize it at all.

--
Henning Makholm  "They discussed old Tommy Somebody and Jerry Someone Else."