Re: Security support for tier-2

Scripsit Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de>
> Hi, Henning Makholm wrote:

>>> Nothing's going to prevent porters from adding stable-security (or
>>> whatever) to their autobuilders,

>> True - for as long as they do not try to upload the result to the
>> Debian archive, which will carry only "unstable".

> I do not consider this to be set in stone.

It is, however, explicitly stated in the plan we're discussing.

> The people who were at the meeting agreed on some things.

And I'm saying that what they agreed on is wrong and harmful to the
project. I'm saying that they should reconsider their decision.

> Therefore the result of the meeting is in no way binding on
> anybody. (This is regardless of the fact that the people responsible
> for it *did* say that the proposal is ... well, exactly that.)

Half of the ftp-master team are signers of the decision. If they
decide to kick testing and stable for the lesser architectures out of
the archive, it doesn't really matter whether their decision is
formally binding on anybody else.

--
Henning Makholm               "The Board views the endemic use of PowerPoint
                           briefing slides instead of technical papers as an