On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 05:14:54PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> When he declined (after seriously considering the option), and, because
> he didn't receive a pledge from you (and thus couldn't in any reasonable
> way trust you) locked you out of Debian hardware, you rambled on and
> screamed that James is a Bad Guy and should be removed from his roles,
> and that Debian as an organisation doesn't trust non-DD's and that it
> should do so.

addendum:
In case you forgot:
What happened was, that he was refusing to add another buildd *over* weeks,
although m68k was in real need for that extra power back then.
And then he "heard" from someone else that I was doing something bad[TM],
which I didn't. I just did what we (me and others) had done many, many
times before and what was "public knowledge".
But instead of contacting me directly, he spoke to me via a third person.
My call to him to communicate directly with me and in a given time frame is
nothing unusual, nothing extraordinary complicated or such. If he would have
agreed to try better communication with me, I would have agreed to his
"demands", which I stated clearly at the beginning.
Again, without a proper communication there's no chance of cooperation.
Otherwise those kinds of "I've heard that you've done..."-stories would have
happen again and again...

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/