On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 03:22:44PM +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:

> > Has the kernel team made any advances to the m68k kernel team for a closer
> > cooperation? Or did they just yelled "Hey! We are now taking over the kernel
> > development, no matter if more capable people are outside of the project!"?
> Ingo, that's backwards. The m68k kernel is a separate problem space.
> It's been that way since WAY before the Debian kernel team formed.

I know that. Apparently the kernel team don't.

> Besides: It's not the team members' job to stalk prospective members until
> they agree to join the team. (Kernel team, release team, whatever.)
> It's the new member's job to show the team that he's able to do a good
> job.
>
> Sometimes this means that your work isn't accepted for reasons you don't
> agree with. GET OVER IT already.

Ah, you mean it's up to the team to sit there and wait until someone
mistakenly stumbles in and does some work instead of looking around for
valid new members, when there's need for help?

Beside that, I think I made an excellent job during my work for the m68k
port. And I could still do - but I'm not allowed anymore. Great Job, Mr.
Troup!

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/