On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 11:38:29PM +0100, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> >> Sure that's good. It stops to be that good when they're obviously
> >> trying hard to impose their employer's agenda on the Project.
> >
> > Sarge was already very late before Ubuntu existed. Our mirror network was
> > already strained before Ubuntu existed. Our release team was struggling to get
> > sarge out before Ubuntu existed. Our security team was already undermanned
> > before Ubuntu existed. d-i was short on contributers and had a hard time
> > releasing before Ubuntu existed.
>
> That's very Ubuntu-centric. What about the others ? I'm not
> specifically speaking of Ubuntu here. You can add Project Scud to the
> list, if you'd like.

Got a more specific example or are you just going to keep throwing conspiracy
theories around?

> > We have only ourselves to blame for where we're at now.
>
> At least back then we weren't trying to reduce the set of
> architectures we support to match theirs.

This isn't about matching with Debian-derivatives. This is about the load
placed on the people doing the actual work. Are you paying attention to what
the Release Managers, D-I Lead, and FTP Masters are saying? Or are you just
assuming that they're out to get you?

> And keeping IA64 in the loop is just another joke from the release
> team. It'd be interesting to find out, but I bet more m68ks were sold
> than IA64 last year.

Oh no! Objective criteria! Whatever shall we do?

 - David Nusinow