Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org> wrote:

> You'll figure out that the timing for this new policy is absolutely
> perfect; we're a week away from the voting period for the new DPL
> term. The current DPL can't (and won't, obviously) do anything about
> it, and the candidates signed the proposal.

I haven't signed the proposal. I'm undecided on the technical side of
things (I'd rather see a list of the problems that are being solved, and
a description of how these proposals fix those problems), and I think
the way the meeting and conclusions were announced was fairly
disasterous.

> I should add that the
> Vancouver meeting was announced at the very last minute, too. And I'm
> wondering, who paid for the travel expenses ? Did the people involved
> pay out of their own pocket ? Did the Project pay ? Did somebody else
> pay the bill ?

As mentioned in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2005/03/msg00015.html , the
funding came from NUUGF. As far as I know, the project spent no money on
this.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org