Re: ports.debian.org (Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting)

Re: Eduard Bloch in <[🔎] 20050314151030.GA1882@debian>
> > I like this idea. SCC was a working codename that I think was originally
> > intended to be changed as soon as somebody thought of something better,
> > but nobody ever quite got round to it ...
>
> Does it sound discriminating because you associcate that with real life?
> Is "second class port" be a better name? (scp.d.o)? Or "non-releaseable
> ports", nrp.d.o?

"second class" is always discriminating, regardless of applied to
what. "nrp" would be another useless TLA in the Debian dictionary.
"ports" just means what scc was meant for: Debian has been ported
these architectures, but it's not the mainline releases. (The BSD
"ports" use the same name for non-mainline packages, so that fits.)

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/