Hi, Sven Luther wrote:

> What about building the scc (or tier 2 as i would say) arches from testing and
> not unstable ?

That would negate one of the main points of having Testing, i.e. something
that's supposed to be in an installable state at all times, for that
architecture.

You could treat Testing as that arch's Unstable, though, and set up a
separate britney for each arch, which migrates Testing=>Running (or
however you'd like to call it). I think that would mitigate the "keep lots
of source versions around" bloat problem because (a) testing isn't updated
as often as Unstable is, and (b) presumably you wouldn't need another
10-day waiting period at this point.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de