Re: Serious kernel problems on new i386 hardware

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Miros/law Baran wrote:

it worked.  I really regard this problem as serious because it
probably leaves people with SATA hardware with an unbootable system
after kernel-image updates, because the kernel image packages just
reinsert "root=/dev/hda?" into grub's menu.lst. Any idea how to
solve this problem?

...by using partition labels in fstab?
Sorry, I do not know anything about partition labels but if this is
the solution it should be done in the installer and if this works in
Grub menu.lst this should be done here as well.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de