Re: Serious kernel problems on new i386 hardware

Miros/law Baran schrieb am Freitag, 11. März 2005 um 12:55:09 +0100:
> 11.03.2005 pisze Andreas Tille (tillea@rki.de):
>
> > it worked.  I really regard this problem as serious because it
> > probably leaves people with SATA hardware with an unbootable system
> > after kernel-image updates, because the kernel image packages just
> > reinsert "root=/dev/hda?" into grub's menu.lst. Any idea how to
> > solve this problem?
>
> ...by using partition labels in fstab?

Is there any solution for swap partitions since they do not support
labels, AFAIK.

Knoppix does something with scanning all harddrives for swap-partitions,
but this cannot support swap priorities

--
Jörg Friedrich

There are only 10 types of people:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.