Re: usbmount: udev script to automatically (un)mount USB mass storage devices: include in Debian?

On 08-Mar-05, 09:15 (CST), martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
> also sprach Steve Greenland <steveg@moregruel.net> [2005.03.08.1423 +0100]:
> > While not perfect, using autofs with a very short timeout (5 seconds,
> > say) alleviates this problem.
>
> No it does not. You would be surprised how many people copy to and
> remove the stick the same second that cp returns to the shell.
>
> Point being: there is no reliable unmounting of USB storage devices
> short of user sensibilisation.

Please read what I wrote: "While not perfect"...."alleviates"...

Point being: there are techniques to help *reduce* the problem. I find
the automount technique convenient, and I thought others might also.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net