Re: Would like to remove blas/lapack/atlas2/lapack99 at some point

Camm Maguire wrote:

> Greetings!  The older versions were kept to ease the transition into a
> minor API change, and to work around earlier gcc-induced tester
> failures.  There are just a few packages using the older API now.
> I've filed wishlist bugs with those requesting an upgrade about 100
> days ago.  How should we proceed now?  Maintaining both sets is
> becoming more burdensome.

Hi Camm,

When we exchanged emails a while ago after your wishlist bug against
libmathlib1, I think you were intending to have the old blas/lapack/etc.
removed only after the release of Sarge.  Is that still the case?

It would make things difficult for me if blas/lapack/atlas2 disappeared
now, since I would have to bump sonames on most of Cernlib, change
library package names, and somehow get the new binary packages through
NEW and into testing before the release.  After Sarge, I have no objections.

As far as I'm concerned you can have lapack99 removed right now, since
it's not just one, but two sonames behind the current version.

regards,

GPG public key ID: 4F83C751                 Princeton, NJ 08544