Would like to remove blas/lapack/atlas2/lapack99 at some point

Greetings!  The older versions were kept to ease the transition into a
minor API change, and to work around earlier gcc-induced tester
failures.  There are just a few packages using the older API now.
I've filed wishlist bugs with those requesting an upgrade about 100
days ago.  How should we proceed now?  Maintaining both sets is
becoming more burdensome.

Please cc me directly as I'm not subscribed to this list.

Take care,