Re: Let's remove mips, mipsel, s390, ...

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 16:12 -0800, Brian Nelson wrote:
> Yeah, definitely.  If our goal is making our software as portable and
> bug-free as possible, we'd be better off running fewer arches but with a
> greater variety of compilers.
>
> Now if there were only any viable free alternatives to GCC...

Well, in the goal of better software, I'm willing to use closed source
compilers.  I like finding bugs that way, *before* getting bug
reports...

And yes, the ARM compiler has some *strange* defaults...  Whomever
picked their defaults didn't do ARM favors, even if it if they might be
conformant to the C standard....
                         - Jim