Re: Let's remove mips, mipsel, s390, ... (Was: [Fwd: Re: GTK+2.0 2.6.2-3 and buildds running out of space])

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Brian Nelson wrote:
> > There isn't any evidence I've seen that these arch's actually slow
> > down the release.
>
> Getting debian-installer working across all architectures was certainly
> an issue at one time, though that time passed a few months ago.

Well, if the installer ever holds etch, we can think about it.  Right now,
the installer is not even semi-close to being the worst problem.

> Also, really huge stuff, like KDE, cannot be uploaded as frequently as
> perhaps the maintainers would like because it kills the slower buildd's
> for a few days.

The answer to that is to setup a dist-cc cluster for these archs, where only
the master node is in the slow arch, and everything else is a fast arch.
i.e. far stricter buildd requirements would fix it.  Even mirror space
problems can be fixed without dropping an arch.

  Henrique Holschuh