Re: Let's remove mips, mipsel, s390, ... (Was: [Fwd: Re: GTK+2.0 2.6.2-3 and buildds running out of space])

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

> Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> writes:
>
>> Our chances of actually releasing one day could only increase if we
>> dropped arches such as mipsel, s390, m68k, ... and concentrated on
>> those that actually mattered: i386, powerpc, amd64 -- and I'll
>> gladly add a few more.  But a total of eleven is insane.
>
> There isn't any evidence I've seen that these arch's actually slow
> down the release.

Getting debian-installer working across all architectures was certainly
an issue at one time, though that time passed a few months ago.

Also, really huge stuff, like KDE, cannot be uploaded as frequently as
perhaps the maintainers would like because it kills the slower buildd's
for a few days.

--
Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.