Re: "The Debian exim 4 packages suck badly" on exim-users@exim.org

Scripsit Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net>

> The point is that I want to massage some parts of the configuration
> and not others.  I want the others to continue to get updated by the
> normal package installation process.

So is the whole thing essentially a workaround for dpkg's current
lack of good conffile update management, or would you still prefer the
separate files way if dpkg magically gained a well-tested and stable
conflict resolution scheme with bells, whistles, and 3-way merges?

--
Henning Makholm          "Gå ud i solen eller regnen, smil, køb en ny trøje,
                   slå en sludder af med købmanden, puds dine støvler. Lev!"