Re: "The Debian exim 4 packages suck badly" on exim-users@exim.org

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 03:02:00AM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Furthermore, how does a thing being "standard" help the user in his
> choice? The user only thinks of his own needs, thus a correct wording
> would be "pick A if you don't care". However the current wording is even
> better; the question isn't even asked at high priority, and the single
> file method is silently chosen.

Is the multiple-file configuration logically equivalent to the
single-file configuration?  If you #include'd all the tiny subfiles,
would the resulting config be identical to the single-file config?

If so, then what are we really arguing about: they are isomorphic.
Perhaps a tool could generate the single-file config for easier
double-checking of the split-file config.

If not, then the user needs to know what will behave differently.