Re: scripts to download porn in Debian?

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 15:25 +0100, Jorge Bernal wrote:
> El Martes 25 Enero 2005 11:30, Ron Johnson escribió:
> > The problem is things/websites/etc that "many" parents don't think
> > are appropriate for their children.
> >
> > "They" don't want this inappropriate material dumped into their
> > children's laps right along side the things that the parents *do*
> > consider appropriate.
>
> an advice for "they":
>
> 1) make a script to mirror from http://www.dmoz.org/Kids_and_Teens/
> 2) unplug "their" computer from the network
> 3) stop bothering the rest of open-minded people

I'm saddened that a supposedly open-minded person like yourself
would not want to give me freedom of choice here.

> another thing:
> Given A,B where A=parent(B)
>  if ((A have not installed dosage) && (B hasn't root access))
>   B can't access dosage
>
> just another more thing:
>
> Maybe I should say I agree to not include it in debian, in order to enhace
> kids creativity (sic). If you provide them a porn-downloader script, they may
> become just plain porn consumers.
> However, if they have to download porn "by hand", someday they'll program an
> script, and we'll see another flame here :P
>
> PD: a parent can't pretend Debian to watch their kids. If they "have" to get
> something they'll just get it with or without the Debian help.
>
> A little proof:
> $ cat ~/bin/pget | grep -v "^#" | egrep -v "^$" | wc -l
> 44
>
> And it just depends on sh, sed and wget, should we remove those...?

When he gets old enough to start writing scripts to auto-d/l porn,
well...  that will call for a different set of parenting skills.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

The only thing that changed on 9/11 is that the dynamite that got
stuck up our ass blew our heads out of the sand.