Re: scripts to download porn in Debian?

El Martes 25 Enero 2005 11:30, Ron Johnson escribió:
> The problem is things/websites/etc that "many" parents don't think
> are appropriate for their children.
>
> "They" don't want this inappropriate material dumped into their
> children's laps right along side the things that the parents *do*
> consider appropriate.

an advice for "they":

1) make a script to mirror from http://www.dmoz.org/Kids_and_Teens/
2) unplug "their" computer from the network
3) stop bothering the rest of open-minded people

another thing:
Given A,B where A=parent(B)
 if ((A have not installed dosage) && (B hasn't root access))
  B can't access dosage

just another more thing:

Maybe I should say I agree to not include it in debian, in order to enhace
kids creativity (sic). If you provide them a porn-downloader script, they may
become just plain porn consumers.
However, if they have to download porn "by hand", someday they'll program an
script, and we'll see another flame here :P

PD: a parent can't pretend Debian to watch their kids. If they "have" to get
something they'll just get it with or without the Debian help.

A little proof:
$ cat ~/bin/pget | grep -v "^#" | egrep -v "^$" | wc -l
44

And it just depends on sh, sed and wget, should we remove those...?

Cheers,
 Koke

--
Jorge Bernal "Koke"
Personal:  koke@sindominio.net

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
telescopes." - Edsger Dijkstra