Re: binaries for different architectures in debian packages

[Norbert Preining]
> The last question I have (for now):
> - How can I install binaries for non-Debian architectures-os
>   combinations (win32, i386-solaris, ...) USING the pacakge management
>   system?
>   Is there a way at all -- or is there no way for this?

The real problem is *building* these binaries for non-Debian systems.
Using only tools available in Debian.  This, while theoretically
possible in some cases, is a pretty big pain in practice.

And no, it's *not* a good idea to suggest just shipping pre-built
binaries in the source package.  (I suppose a few of the "firmware in
main" people might argue that the Solaris binary is "not for your host
CPU anyway" so doesn't constitute a problem, but most of the Project
would disagree.)