Re: Do all frontends use the dpkg binary?

Scott James Remnant <scott@netsplit.com> writes:

> This would mean the disk would gradually fill up with logs, unless you
> rotated them; which seems to defeat the use case everybody has given for
> dpkg's actions being logged in the first place.

Logs kept for a week would still be useful.

A bug I filed[1] was closed with "The real error was
printed by dpkg much earlier in the process; it probably scrolled off
your screen."

If I had had a dpkg log, it would have been possible to find the real
error.

[1] #285414. It wasn't clear where to file it - so I chose apt. Next
time I'll file it against dpkg.

Chris