Re: xfce-goodies - help needed; Rudy Godoy MIA?

El d�18/01/2005 a 12:53 Emanuele Rocca escribio ...

> WNPP bugs for some of the -goodies need to be retitled from O: to ITP:.

They wouldn't be ITA?

> I found the time to check -battery-plugin and -clipman-plugin, and I
> must admit that they're not in a good shape (ITP bugs not closed in the
> changelog, bugs marked as fixed are actually still reproducible, lintian
> is not happy)...

I don't see any ITP bugs on those both. Yes, they had some lintian
warning that I've managed to clean now.

> I don't want to be rude, but I am wondering if Rudy is the right person
> for these 13 packages, considering that he's got 9 packages in main
> yet.
> Rudy, have you really got the time to maintain all the -goodies
> properly?

I've been working in 8 current packages and 2 new (wavelan and
weather). I wasn't considering to manage all myself, in fact I think
they (all 13) could be maintained in collaborative way. For now I
guess Simon's new list is a very good start towards it.

> Why is the Debian Xfce Packages Alioth project dead? [0]
> IMHO putting these packages under collaborative maintenance would be a
> better idea.

Yes, I agree on this. In fact I remember asking for some "review" from
other Xfce maintainers before upload/ask for sponsorship.

regards,
-Rudy