Re: xfce-goodies - help needed; Rudy Godoy MIA?

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 10:22:14AM +0100, Emanuele Rocca wrote:
> * [ 17-01-05 - 01:50 ] Simon Huggins <huggie@earth.li> wrote:
> >  There were some packages that made it to mentors.debian.net - and there
> >  is still some work up there.
> >  http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/
> WNPP bugs for some of the -goodies need to be retitled from O: to ITP:.

> I found the time to check -battery-plugin and -clipman-plugin, and I
> must admit that they're not in a good shape (ITP bugs not closed in the
> changelog, bugs marked as fixed are actually still reproducible, lintian
> is not happy)...

Ok.

> I don't want to be rude, but I am wondering if Rudy is the right
> person for these 13 packages, considering that he's got 9 packages in
> main yet.  Rudy, have you really got the time to maintain all the
> -goodies properly?

Fair enough.

> Why is the Debian Xfce Packages Alioth project dead? [0]

Madkiss hasn't revived it for whatever reason.  *shrug* I asked in the
summer when you and Rudy were talking about the plugins and nothing
happened.

> IMHO putting these packages under collaborative maintenance would be a
> better idea.

I set up the xfce4-debian list for exactly that reason so we can
coordinate stuff.

Simon.

--
[ "Ah, here we are - `How to Raise the Dead.'" - Bart Simpson          ]