Re: xfce-goodies - help needed; Rudy Godoy MIA?

* [ 17-01-05 - 01:50 ] Simon Huggins <huggie@earth.li> wrote:
>  On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 02:57:57PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
>  > There are currently 11 orphaned xfce4-* packages in unstable, including
>  > three that have just been removed from testing due to RC bugs that went
>  > virtually unnoticed since the last upload in May.
>
>  I know the -goodies packages are in bad shape.
>
>  > Please take some time to help figure out what should be done with
>  > these packages -- cleaned up/adopted, or removed from the archive --
>  > before ITPing more packages in the xfce4 namespace.
>
>  Sure.  I think for sarge they can be cleaned up/updated.  I've just
>  finished a stretch getting the 22 packages for the main body of xfce4
>  for 4.2.0 for experimental sorted this weekend so I'm a bit knackered
>  currently.
>
>  To be honest I'd been expecting others to sort out the -plugins for
>  sarge given people had said they would.

You're right, but (for what concerns me) I am a bit busy with real life
in these days.

>  Likewise Emanuele Rocca seemed interested.

I am.

>  There were some packages that made it to mentors.debian.net - and there
>  is still some work up there.
>  http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/

WNPP bugs for some of the -goodies need to be retitled from O: to ITP:.

I found the time to check -battery-plugin and -clipman-plugin, and I
must admit that they're not in a good shape (ITP bugs not closed in the
changelog, bugs marked as fixed are actually still reproducible, lintian
is not happy)...

I don't want to be rude, but I am wondering if Rudy is the right person
for these 13 packages, considering that he's got 9 packages in main
yet.
Rudy, have you really got the time to maintain all the -goodies
properly?

Why is the Debian Xfce Packages Alioth project dead? [0]
IMHO putting these packages under collaborative maintenance would be a
better idea.

ciao,
	ema

[0] http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-xfce/