Re: Lintian-induced changes in changelog, hardlinks?

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 01:43:12PM +0100, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> Also, eh, I'm not convinced lintian is correct here in complaining,
> I'm a bit unsure. Lintian has warned for any hardlinks for a long time,
> but is it really bad to have them? Having them across different
> directories might cause problems when the user has those on different
> filesystems, but in the same directory? Opinions?

I don't want to speak for past lintian maintainers but I seem to remember
that the lintian philosophy that support this check is that hard-links
in packages should be exceptional and deserve an lintian-override.
(The same hold for e.g. suid/sgid binary.)

My personnal opinion is that hard-links inside /usr/bin are OK.

Thanks for maintaining lintian by the way!

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.

PS: speaking of lintian, I feel the new check
description-synopsis-starts-with-a-capital-letter
has too many false positive.