Re: soname number in name of dev-package?

Scripsit Thomas Bushnell BSG
> Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> writes:
> > Scripsit Thomas Bushnell BSG

> > > Sure!  That's what libc5 is.

> > I'm not aware of even having mentioned libc5 in this thread (and I
> > don't remember anybody else doing it either).

> Libc5 is the counterexample to your implied assertion that
> nobody really cares about "supporting unsupported versions of
> libraries."

I'm lost now. As far as I can see, previously you were telling me that
I was wrong for wanting to "support unsupported versions of libraries".
Now you're saying that I'm wrong for claiming that nobody cares about
"supporting unsupported versions of libraries."

I still don't think I have said *anything* in this thread, implied or
otherwise, about supporting unsupported versions of libraries. I have
not said that we should do it, I have not said that we shouldn't, I
have not said that nobody cares about it, and I have not said that
somebody cares about it.

Could you explain in little words exactly where you think I imply
something about supporting unsupported libraries? Otherwise I'm afraid
I'll be unable to reply meaningfully.

--
Henning Makholm                                   "Det er trolddom og terror
                                                         og jeg får en værre