Re: ok, i screwed up

On Tue, 10 Jan 2005, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

> I've created libofx0 and libofx1 which are the old and new versions,
> and ask the ftp-masters to drop the old package entirely.  I'll
> request the other user of libofx to adapt accordingly.

IMHO, calling libofx0 the old library again is the wrong thing to do.
The reason is explained in the changelog entry for libofx_0.6.2-6.
A package compiled with the old (pre g++ 3.2) libofx0 library will
not work with the "new" libofx0.

I still think the best thing to do would be to keep the old library
name unchanged. This is the kind of stability our users expect.
The new library already gives you the opportunity to get rid of the
ugly c102 suffix, with time, is that is what you are looking for.