Re: Debianized ndiswrapper-source is better on SourceForge

On Jan 10, 2005 at 14:31, William Ballard praised the llamas by saying:
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 03:45:56AM -0500, Andres Salomon wrote:
> > Gee, the latest ndiswrapper has a bug.  Downgrade to the one in
> > testing, or upgrade to the one I uploaded today.  It's not the
> > end of the world.  Perhaps you could even be helpful and let me
> > know whether rc2 hangs in the same way that rc1 does.
>
> You don't get it: The SAME version that you packaged does not
> hang the system the way he packaged - rc1.
>
> Listen, I'm checking out of this one.  The guy upstream has
> produced a perfectly working Debian package.  You've F'd it
> up beyond all recognition in some misguided effort to make
> it symmetric with everything else.
>
> Everything the other guy has made works: the version you
> made is horribly broken.

Unless I've got this very wrong, but the ndiswrapper source supplied in
the SF deb is different to the source provided in the Debian package in
the archive. This suggests it isn't down to the packaging.

--
David Pashley
david@davidpashley.com