Re: New stable version after Sarge

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 10:45 +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Jan 04, Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > It shouldn't be forgotten that the biggest blocker after these things is
> > probably a general failure to actually care all that much. How many
> > people are actually behaving as if a release is just around the corner?
> A very simple way would be to make them believe that this is true, and
> this is going to be hard if it's not.
>
> Let's try a different approach: everybody should ask himself "is
> something I am doing or not doing holding the release?".
> And after fixing his own work then ask "who is left doing or not
> something which is holding the release?", and start pointing fingers.
> (Pointing fingers may not help speeding up the release, but will be an
> useful distraction while we wait.)

OK, exactly what are YOU NOT DOING, now? Come on, I know you CAN'T be
that busy. You only maintain a few trivial packages... come on you could
NMU the kernel-source-2.[4|6] fixing all th issues. To that extent,
there is only a few hundred RC bugs.

Me, You ask? I am already too busy to help out.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux

P.S. Of course you hopefully realize, that this is a flippant remark.