Re: Ignoring the truth or Hiding problems?

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 10:34:33AM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Ingo Juergensmann
>
> | I just press "g" to reply to list mails. Other people (like Steve)
> | are capable of configuring their MUAs in that way that they don't
> | get CCs. Maybe you doing something wrong then? Please ask those
> | people how you can rid off of off-list CC replies.
>
> You are the one violating the Debian Mailing List Guidelines here, not
> Matthew.  See http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct

While you're correct--Ingo should be using list-reply, not group-reply--it's
also somewhat dubious to complain about receiving CC's on list mail when you
havn't set up your MFT header to say you don't want them, list policy or no.
(In other words, if he actually cares enough to complain about it, he should
be able to set up your headers to say what he wants, too.  It's a lot more
time-effective, mail for mail, than trying to teach people how to use their
MUA.)

--
Glenn Maynard