Re: miscfiles NMU?

On 2004-08-06 Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> wrote:
> Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> writes:

> > You don't have to see NMUs as hostile acts.  It is better for the
> > project if we see them as a helping hand.  As far as I know it is
> > acceptable to NMU also for non-RC bugs.

> I don't see NMUs as hostile acts.  Many times I have had a very
> helpful NMU of a package of mine.  But this was an NMU that isn't
> helpful; it only creates more work for me.

> Section 5.11.3 of the developers' reference says that an NMU is only
> allowed for serious or higher bugs.
[...]

Hello,
Nope. It does not. It says that "During the release cycle, NMUs which
fix serious or higher severity bugs are encouraged and accepted.",
which is different to "NMUs are only allowed for serious or higher
bugs." The obvious exemption are NMUs with maintainer consent. We also
generally accept NMUs for e.g. debconf translation updates if the
maintainer is sitting on their hands.

That said, /this/ NMU was obviously flawed as you were not contacted
in advance.
                 cu andreas