Re: miscfiles NMU?

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

> I have no way of checking the changes, to see whether they are good or
> not.  I have no way of knowing whether there is a destabilizing change
> or not; this in itself is destabilizing.  I just have to wait and see.
>
> As one example, he updated telephone area code information based
> apparently only on the say-so of the bug reporter.  Many times I have
> had bug reporters give incorrect information.  Did he verify the
> information in any way?  How does he know it's really a bug?

   Oh, please. Does it take TWO YEARS to double check that TX means
Texas (as in #150264)? Anyone having a look at the triviality of
#249871, #249867, #150264, #249897, #249879 and #249882 can only think
the package is simply unmaintained.

   The only information that was updated from the say-so of the bug
reporter is the postal code in #147321, which is more than two years old
and provides a link to support the claim anyway.

   Instead of complaining about the NMU, which although it ignored the
procedure was totally justified IMHO, maybe you could hand over the
package or look for a co-maintainer. Debian's quality is not just about
RC bugs.

--
Sam.