Re: ifupdown needs an actual maintainer

Javier =?iso-8859-15?Q?Fern=E1ndez-Sanguino_Pe=F1a?= <jfs@computer.org> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 11:35:59AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> >
> > Or should someone else upload an ifdownup so your package doesn't get
> > taken from you?
> >

> That's already been worked on, thanks (see the attached file). I find it
> funny that some people will start flaming as soon as something shows up
> instead of trying to focus that energy towards fixing bugs and providing
> patches.

So it realy will come down to having two ifupdown packages, one buggy
and outdated by Anthony Towns and one under new name to fix the bugs?
Thats sad, sad indeed.

> Friendly
>
> Javi
>
> PS: Is there a way you or any others could know I was preparing an
> NMU before this mail? Probably only if you had mailed aj himself, or if you
> had been reading some of my comments in #debian-devel

Yes, Debian secretly installed a small client on your system utilizing
the (recently published as RFC) Omiscence protocol to watch what your
doing. :)