Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 05:46:52AM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > This has been going on for a long time.  Apparently everything is
> > bottlenecked either by Ryan Murray or by James Troup.  Ingo Juergensmann
> > <ij@spice.cologne.de> can provide plenty of information.
> >
> > This is really an unacceptable situation.
> >
> > I'm asking you, the DPL, to do something about it.  If the current delegates
> > cannot or will not do what they need to do, *you* need to replace them.
>
> For sure James and Ryan are way too idle and don't have enough work, and
> I'm sure they are easily replaceable. Their job is cake work, and any
> idiot could do it.
>
> (I really hope you sense the sarcasm. I may not be Branden, but I do
> what I can)
>
> Really though, your complaint is just vague enough to not matter.

If they don't have enough time, _and_ _they_ _don't_, they should give
up some easy jobs like handling the wanna-build.

Or just accept the offered buildd and admin for the mips/mipsel archs
so Ryan has less work there. But the offer of mips/mipsel buildds has
been refused and getting wanna-build access takes ages. The
"doorstopper" arch m68k had buildds idling, and still has, because
they can't get the list of packages that need to be build.

Some more background: m68k had its own wanna-build but was asked to
join the global one. Now there is serious talk about going back to
using our own wanna-build again because the situation is to disruptive
to the m68k port. Lets take a bleak look: What would we do if a system
got broken into and needs to be excluded again? Have some hacker have
access to wanna-build for 2 weeks while we scream at james to exclude
it?

Also 79 packages where held out of sarge because qt-x11-free didn't
get build by the mipsel buildd the last 4 weeks. And the only reason
the problem is solved is that I build it manualy and got a binary NMU
sponsored for it. No reply from Ryan why it wasn't build or that he
would even look into it.

I don't think Nathanael wants to get James and Ryan replaced on the
more important/security problematic jobs but get them to delegate the
easy ones.

If you want more info on the complains ask IJ or read the irc logs of
debian-devel. TBM should be aware enough of the problems since he was
asked often enough on irc about its status.

MfG
        Goswin