Re: Ignoring the truth or Hiding problems? (was: Are mails sent to xxxx <at> buildd.debian.org sent to /dev/null ?)

* Wouter Verhelst [Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:15:31 +0100]:

> Which was an upload only three days after the previous one, solving an
> issue that I'm sure could've been solved equally well by talking to the
> release managers. The only difference then would've been that you
> would /not/ have wasted three days of m68k buildd time.

  Not in this case. I had a chat with vorlon about the issue, and it was
  not a question of 'hammers'. I can understand this series of uploads
  have particularly hit the m68k porters, but please don't assume we are
  being careless about the issue.

  As well as I accept that sometimes buildds lag, and then I remind
  myself that there are people behind them doing their best, please just
  remember that uploads that waste your time are done by people who also
  try to do their best, and who shall learn from their mistakes.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can read.
                -- Mark Twain