Re: Are mails sent to xxxx <at> buildd.debian.org sent to /dev/null ?

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
>> I've sent messages to various arch@buildd.debian.org addresses many
>> times for various reasons, and they have all always been ignored.

> Me too, for values of ignored that include "may have resulted in some
> action, but never got a reply email".

Hello,
To balance this a little bit: My range of reaction includes "immediate
response" and response after one day, and "may have resulted in some
action, but never got a reply email" is the usual response for
specific buildd addresses, "no reaction" happens rarely.

> I think that we need BTS pseudo-packages for the autobuilders.

Isn't this trying to solve a social problem with technical means and
therefore doomed to fail? - This'd try to force people to send mails
to the bts instead of to you. (Probably with the same results.)
Something better integrated into the buildd-network than a
pseudo-package in the Debian BTS might work. The simple act of
rescheduling would close the bug.
                  cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"