Re: Linux Core Consortium

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:25:38 +0100, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
[snip]
> Well, frankly, I don't care what [ISVs] think is 'viable'.

I do care.  Apparently some ISVs think a "common binary core" is
viable.  I think they might change their minds if the argument against
"golden binaries" is made with reference to historical reality (golden
binaries don't stay golden) as well as Free Software principle, and if
their problem is taken seriously and respectfully enough to propose a
better answer.  It is not enlightenment to despise the unenlightened.

Cheers,
- Michael